I am a political activist and multimedia content creator. Currently, I am an organizer at RootsAction.org where I focus on anti-war organizing and reducing the risks of nuclear war. I also help develop and maintain ProgressiveHub.net. My articles have been published on Common Dreams, Counter Punch, LA Progressive, The News, Activist Post, Nation of Change, Reader Supported News, and more. Previously, I studied video production and produced ads for progressive political campaigns and organizations. In 2018 I served as campaign manager for Anita Malik in AZ-06 and helped lead the campaign to a primary election victory despite being heavily outspent. I currently live and work from home in my hometown in Northeast Indiana.
I like to write. I’ve written dozens of blogs and articles. Mostly focused on politics.
I design and draft graphics in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Building a website is like solving a puzzle. I like puzzles.
I’ve produced dozens of digital ads, mini docs, live streams, and even a feature length film.
I know what we need to do to lead your campaign to victory.
I’ve canvassed Facebook, organized through COVID, and will pitch you wild ideas.
- Curated and posted hundreds of daily articles that reflected core progressive action issues
- Wrote original articles that were syndicated in Common Dreams, CounterPunch, Nation of Change and more
- Built campaign pages like NoWarInUkraine.org and WithoutStudentDebt.org
- Managed 2,000+ volunteers and organized thousands of emails and phone calls to Congress.
- Produced 14 Zoom call livestreams featuring guests like Nina Turner and Abdul El-Sayed
#VoteTrumpOut Campaign Arizona Organizer
- Recruited and trained 150+ volunteers and led a paid staff of 4
- Canvassed 15,000+ progressive Arizona voters directly on Facebook
- Trained 100+ textbankers who contributed to GOTV operation that sent 1.14 million texts
- Designed 50+ endorsement graphics and managed content updates on VoteTrumpOut.org
RyanTBlack.com | Freelance Political Consultant & Content Developer
- Produced campaign website for Aramis Ayala for Attorney General of Florida 2022
- Built webpages and ActBlue donation pages for Adair Burroughs for Congress 2020
- Developed digital content strategy and produced livestream for Presidential campaign launch event for Wayne Messam 2020
- Produced videos for Bernie Sanders 2016 and Larry Lessig 2016
- Designed and built The2020Progressive.com — Here, I wrote over 50 articles that have earned more than 200,000 organice Google clicks and 1 million pageviews
Nichols Brand Stories | Content & Digital Strategist / Producer
- Wrote 40+ original blogs to drive inbound marketing
- Managed content and updates on 5 client and agency WordPress websites, including a key area hospital
- Designed 100+ social media graphics for a Fortune 500 manufacturing company
- Optimized Google ads for national restaurant supply manufacturer, increasing ad clicks by 15%
Anita For Arizona, U.S. Congress | Campaign Manager
- Led campaign to a primary election victory by 5% depsite being outspent 4 to 1
- Organized a 600 person volunteer team that contacted 90,000 voters by phone, door, and handwritten postcard
- Developed win number, targeted voters in VAN, cut hundreds of lists, and launced dozens of canvasses
Levitate Strategic Communications | Digital Content Specialist
- Led SEO, blog writing, video production, and social media efforts
- tracked client social media KPIs and developed monthly reports
Clearvoice | Content Strategist
- Identified opportunities and placed articles on dozens of high domain authority websites
- Conceptualized hundreds of content marketing pieces for on- and off-page SEO initiatives for agency clients
- Guided writers and designers through the content creation process for articles and infographics to meet client demands
Alison For Kentucky, U.S. Senate | Campaign Video Producer
- Conceptualized, filmed, and edited 45 web videos in race against Mitch McConnell, receiving 1 millions+ views.
- Created dozens of graphics, emails, and animations that contributed to record-breaking fundraising effort
Hi. I’m not just a worker. I love being a dad. I read and write sci-fi, tend to my garden, camp when there’s time, and never miss an Indiana Pacers game.